Monday, May 21, 2012

O FACE!



THE NEW "ART APPRECIATION" EXPRESSION

So here I sit. It's beautiful sunshine in the Mother City and I'm desk bound and completely and utterly without motivation. I don't want to hear anything and I don't want to see anything. It's days like today that make the more pensive among us consider the "meaning of it all"...

Then I remember that my life rocks fucking hard and I turn to writing bullshit blogs to entertain myself. That, and trawl around looking to see if the generally illiterate internet users around the world have miraculously improved their vocabularies - or maybe even simply discovered the magical spell check button.
Alas, all I find is the same sensationalist, self indulgent and downright stupid schlock.

Seriously! Robin Gibb dies and the entire internet Universe posts 'Staying Alive' in tribute!?!? These are probably the same people that fart and then giggle at a memorial service...

Today it's just too damn easy. Here are some snippets (haha) from an article on the latest palava over our Prez's tool piccie:

"The Spear, which has been criticised by the ANC, has been bought by a German private collector for R136 000. " Say what! A PRIVATE collector...?


"In his affidavit for an urgent application to be heard in the Johannesburg High Court on Tuesday, Zuma says the continued display of the painting is a violation of his right to dignity and makes a mockery of his office."
Um, I'm afraid the person most guilty of making a mockery of your office, dear Prez, is you. Let's ALL fly into a frenzy and get up in arms about a damn portrait! Fuck the poor! Eat the poor! One painting in some pokey gallery no one would have given a fuck about had the media not gone to town, and the entire cabinet is having a hissy fit. Well, the male half. The female half is sitting there - a little flushed - deep in reverential recollection.

Don't get me started on the lamentable state of affairs in world football...
Titles can now be bought.
Although in fairness, Chelsea did take years and years and years so I'm not sure if their billionaire owner's unlimited funds had too much direct impact. It's Spurs I have genuine sympathy for...

Luckily as soon as I leave the office the ennui is set to dissapate quite dramatically. The Hot Girlfriend is treating me to home made lasagne tonight. It's usually considered to be my favourite dish, although I have tremendous trouble choosing between that and a nice perfectly braaied steak... Perhaps tonight will go some way towards swaying the vote one way or the other...

And then there's the beard.

THG doesn't like it. I do. Unfortunately, unless I change the Star Wars character I chose to go as over the weekend (Fancy dress party for the Brother-In Awe), it has to go. So - bets are on which day this week I get rid of the facial foliage, if at all...
My mother thinks it's very humurous...

NGDG: "Some dude has locked himself in a toilet cubicle with, presumably, his laptop to play Diablo III. Either that or he's having one unholy-sounding bowel movement."

Spread The Love. O Faces Beginning AND End.

1 comment: